E9.2 Error handlng not accepting email address

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

I have an orchestration that if it encounters an error I have setup to call another ORCH to send an email message.
I use variable udcLidescription2DL02 nes.to map in the email address. The value IS 100% there duting debug, but no email is sent and I see this exception in the monitor

[DATA_CONVERSION_NOT_VALID] Cannot convert value Not Passed to type String for required input toEmailAddress.

Odd thing is, looking at the input JSON it's not even passed it at all!!! It's blank

Code:
Input JSON

X
RRD_ExchangeRateAPIFailureORCH
{
    "currencyCode": "USD",
    "errorMessage": "{\"RRD_SREQ_P0015A\":{\"sysErrors\":[{\"TITLE\":\"JAS_MSG317: Duplicate key not allowed. Please correct the duplicate key field\",\"DESC\":\"JAS_MSG317: Duplicate key not allowed. Please correct the duplicate key field\"}]}}",
    "environment": "JDV920"
}

This only works if I setup my email as a default

1715178389103.png

udcLidescription2DL02 is then used a few steps later and it works fine. It's just not working here in the error handling part

Heres the actual message ORCH, which also works fine if called directly. All inputs are strings
1715178878802.png
Thanks
John

Attachments

• 1715178411446.png
    1715178411446.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 1
I don't normally iterate over a rule. Over the years, I have found that it wasn't reliable from one tools release to the next. It may be fine now, but it is just ingrained in me to group multiple steps together in an orchestration when I want to iterate over a group of steps.

It seems stable enough, its just a rule asking if loop count is less than record count.
Onky variable that doesn't seem to work is the email. But only in the error handling part. Everywhere else it's fine and works

I JUST dipped my toe back into iterate over rule and it works how I would want it. Which is nice. But I definitely remember it not working how i'd want it in the past.

John I'm at conference at the moment and will loop back to this when I'm more present-- if you don't hear from me in the next couple days please feel free to ping me. I think you gave enough info that I should be able to spot something

Thanks mate.

It's an odd one alright, as I can see the other parameters in the log call and like I said, in a later step the same exact email address is used no issued at all to send a message

Hi folks

Update. I have fixed this in the most weird way ever.............I changed the ORCH to use the email address variable in a previous step and this has fixed it

This process iterates in an array from UDC values, DL02 is the email. Currency worked (or was passed in as I used it in the first f(x) to trim spaces from the UDCs KY)
So all I've done is call the same f(x) again but this time for the email DL02 and now it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

New step in yellow just calls a simple funtion to trim spaces. But the fact I have done this has somehow 'woken' up
udcLines.description2DL02 in the array

1715249624969.png

So I think we have discovered a bug here. Orchestrations can't handle error exception variables in arrays properly unless you've 'used' that variable previously in a prior step.
If you do it works.
So this explains why the currency was working as I did use it previously when I trimmed the spaces

Hope this helps someone else

Thanks

John

Attachments

• 1715249762693.png
    1715249762693.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom