E9.2 Stateful Orchestrations!!!!!! Pause in between steps

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Has anyone seen or worked with this new feature in E1???
Mind blowing

We can now configure Orchestrations to be Stateful! In that they can wait and pause in between steps (much like Workflow I guess)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is just a total game changer!!!

It is very interesting, and much needed. I'm curious as to how they implement it. The video description says coming soon, so it will also be interesting to see if they implement it in 9.2.8 or if it is part of the 9.2.9 release.

This will be a big addition. I am surprised that its not already there. I believe AIS has the ability for stateful sessions and Orchestrator appears to more or less just be a front end to AIS.

We still make heavy use of XML CallObject in part because of the ability for a stateful session (and its extremely fast). Our custom POS system could not use Orchestrator as a replacement w/o this ability for example.

Hi JohnDanter2 Edit i think that you talk about workflows with orchestrator, this funtionality is new for me, i will try to practise end let you now

Hi
I think this is like workflow in that workflow has an engine and steps that can wait for an action, well Oracle have now added this kind of ability to an Orchestration!!!
Which is awsome
As we can fire off an ORCH, with steps A to F, have it exceute steps ABC and then wait for minutes, hours etc before a change in the process activates remaining steps DEF.

Looks like it just came out in 9.2.8.3
364596429.2.8.3 STATEFUL ORCHESTRATION OMW OBJECTSH98I06.18.2024
364597309.2.8.3 STATEFUL ORCHESTRATIONS UDO CHANGES

And objects are in the Tools Roll Up ESU JN20917

Last edited:
JDE, stop it!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I just entered an enhancement request for REPORT extensions. Go find it and upvote it to keep the happy train going :D

Back