E9.2 Subsystem Multiple Version Instances

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi all,

We have the order response R42565 UBE running as a subsystem process. We have version VER0001 running, starting at 05:30 am daily and then at 05:45 we run VER0001 again. The idea is that the volumes are so high that we need multiple processes. It appears to have worked ok for a period of time but lately we have been having some issues. We are on 9.2.5.1 on iSeries V7R4 using weblogic.

We know that we could run many versions (VER0002, VER0003, etc..) but for various reasons we have not done this and have tried to use 2 instances of same version.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Hi,

i was hoping just to get clarification on whether running multiple instances of subsystem versions is technically recommended. The issues may or may not be relevant to the subsystem versions. Just checking if anybody else out there is doing this?

Thanks

Andrew

So far i've never encountered or heard about a customer doing that and we don't do it ourselves either.

Ok thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to find anybody else doing this either, which makes me think it is an unnecessary risk to do this.

Back